Friday 18 September 2015

First Week at African Maths Initiative



A one in a life time experience
Finding something to do is the first thing that comes in the mind of every final year student once they complete their studies.. It has not been easy for me as well and I was walking around with my head filled with thoughts of the same. Luckily enough, I met people who changed my thoughts completely, to finding somewhere to learn and build skillsets; The African Maths Initiative.
It has been a learning experience every day I spend time at the African Maths Initiative office working on different things. As an Information technologist, software development is one of the things you can’t avoid. It happens to be among my interests. The whole of this week, I have been tasked to come up with a demonstration of how to use Maps on a desktop application on a programming language I rarely use, Vb.Net. It’s through my long volunteering experience at African Maths Initiative, I have gained the trait of learning how to learn. The most invaluable skill I got now. Over the whole of this week, I have been able to accomplish the task and I feel happy to make a contribution to a mega project that will impact the whole world, everywhere the software will be used.
More to that I have been able to learn a lot much more that will build my skill sets to make me more competent in the things I do. More to that I feel humbled to be making contributions to things that will have an impact to somebody’s life somewhere in a positive way. I hope to do much more, learn more and impact more lifes.

3 comments:

  1. Nice article. It's interesting to hear what you have learnt from AMI! I would work on the formatting when you post. Some text is smaller than other parts and it's nice to have spaces between paragraphs so that it doesn't look like one long text and then more people will read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am liking your article buddy. Keep blessing me with such posts

    ReplyDelete